Please make sure that you and your delegates are familiar with our conference policies prior to attending GWCIA.
- All payment (both school and delegate fees) must be received in full before the school is considered registered and is sent their committee assignments, with no exceptions.
- No payment will be accepted after November 16th, including the day of the conference, no exceptions.
- All schools must pay the full school and delegate fees within 30 days of filling out the online registration form.
- All schools must pay and register through the official GWCIA form and online payment portal.
- No refunds will be given for schools that do not bring as many delegates as were paid for.
- Please refrain from bringing more delegates than were paid for to the conference. Additional delegates cannot be paid for day-of and will most likely not receive a committee position.
- Please note which committees are double delegation and which are not. Please refrain from assigning a double delegation team to a committee that has been designated for single delegates, as we have provided double delegation committees for this purpose. Single delegates may participate in double delegation committees per adviser discretion.
- The novice committee has been specifically created for those students who have never participated in Model UN prior to the conference. Please refrain from assigning experienced delegates to this committee, as we want to ensure a fair and educational opportunity for all participants.
- While advisors may observe committees while they are in session, please refrain from talking to delegates or interrupting committee. Advisors will have the opportunity to visit and speak with delegates during their lunch blocks.
- All committee content is created by the Chairs and Crisis Directors. For substantive questions or concerns, please contact them directly.
- Position papers will be due by 11:59 PM on November 8th. Delegates are not required to have submitted position papers to be eligible for awards, chairs frequently use position papers to identify students who have gone above and beyond in preparing for the conference.
- All delegates must be dressed in western business attire.
- Delegates will be required to remain in their committee rooms throughout the duration of committee sessions. Conference staffers will be patrolling the grounds and will escort any delegates who need to leave the committee room for any reason. Please have your student notify the chair if they anticipate leaving early.
- Please encourage delegates to be respectful of University facilities, conference staffers, and other delegates. Inappropriate activity or questionable behavior may lead to exclusion from receiving awards.
- Delegates are required to eat lunch with their designated block and may not leave the designated lunch area. Lunch for those with dietary restrictions will be provided upon request.
- Advisors are not required to eat the catered lunch provided and may find lunch around campus, but delegates will be required to stay in the building and eat the catered lunch.
- All delegates must wear their name badge at all times during the conference for security purposes.
- Additional guests, such as family members or friends of advisors and delegates, are welcome to observe the conference, but will not be provided lunch or conference materials. We encourage you to refrain from bringing more individuals than indicated at registration.